A great opportunity to join the team at this family run vineyard in South Gloucestershire. As Tour Guide, wine sommelier in our shop/tasting room and retail assistant. You will be taking customers on tours of the vineyard and estate, conduct wine tastings in our shop and tasting room. We need a team player who is confident making sales and who will prioritise good customer service whilst providing an amazing experience for our clients. Based on a variable hours contract you must be flexible with hours and some weekend work will be required.
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Tour, retail and tasting room sommelier
LOCATION: Woodchester, Stroud
COMPANY: Woodchester ,Valley Vineyard-WVV
REPORTS TO /RESPONSIBLE TO: Fiona Shiner, Managing Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR : Retail Shop, Tours & Tastings, Private Groups, outside shows and events when required, tour allocation, tour staffing, assistance in the shop and other areas when required.
· To provide an exceptional customer service for WVV through effective and relevant communication in the tour, retail environment and tasting product.
· To act as an ambassador for WVV Estate at all times.
· To demonstrate a flexible approach to varying the tour dependent on the size, nature of the group, conditions within the estate and in varying weather conditions.
· By being well presented at all times and offer a warm and open welcome to all visitors to WVV.
· To establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and departments throughout WVV.
· To promote and effectively sell our wines to assist in achieving retail targets.
· Understand, meet and anticipate guest needs.
1 Conduct tours of WVV vineyards to the specification provided. Understand the history of WVV, current practices and provide a brief in the vineyard’s health and safety.
2 Responsible for all customer enquiries including providing information on our product range.
3 Retail sales to visitors on tours and in the shop, including WVV Wine and other products assisting the retail manager when required with in-shop tastings, advising customers, and general sales.
4 Conduct a tutored tasting of our wines.
5 Retail sales to visitors including WVV Wine and other products as sold in the shop.
6 Observe customer’s behaviour and feedback to line managers on ways the customer experience could be improved.
7 Set up and clear down all areas used in order to deliver the tour as specified at the start and end of each tour.
8 Shop maintenance including tidying, stocking up and promotional displays.
9 To be flexible with hours, working evenings and weekend days at least twice per week.
10 Promotion of events and tours where necessary.
11 Attend outside events on behalf of WVV as required.
12 Any other duties as reasonably requested.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
1 All press enquiries to be handled by the management team.
2 Complaints that cannot be dealt with at the initial contact level to be dealt with by the management team.
SALARY: dependent on experience
JOB TYPE : Part-time Hours: Initially 20 hours per week.
· Driver’s License
· 1+ year prior experience in retail sales or as a sommelier (Desirable).
· A confident outlook when dealing with customers face to face and a can do attitude.
· WSET Advanced Level Three (Desirable)
· Strong communication skills. Sound computer skills to use our retail POS system, Word, Excel, internet and email.
· The ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 12 kilograms when merchandising in shop or carrying customer purchases to their cars.
Please email: email@example.com with a CV and cover letter